Application Planner, the latest addition to Career Cruising’s complete guidance system, offers a robust set of tools and features
to help students navigate the path of applying to college, including application deadlines and requirements, college visits, local
scholarship opportunities, and scholarship applications. At the same time, advisors can track their students' progress and support
them throughout the process.
Personal College Calendar & Task List
Application Planner adds a College Planning Calendar and Task List to the Career Cruising Portfolio Development System.
The College Planning Calendar gives students a central place to store all upcoming college-related events and deadlines.
Students can use the College Planning Calendar to track key dates and deadlines for:
• college applications
• financial aid, standardized tests
• other key milestones
Advisors can publicize events, such as:
• visits by college representatives
• financial aid or scholarship nights
• deadlines for requesting references
My Task List brings together all the “To Do” items from students’ college and scholarship applications in a single place, providing them with a complete picture of everything they must accomplish and their progress on each of their applications.
Additional College Planning Tools
In addition to the career and college planning tools available to all Career Cruising users, Application Planner gives students access to a number of additional features to help them successfully navigate the college application process.
In addition to the career and college planning tools available to all Career Cruising users, Application Planner gives students access to a number of additional features, including:
• Saving Majors of Interest in their portfolios, with comments
• Ranking college preferences among the schools they have saved to their portfolio
• Comparing their own test scores and GPA to those of incoming freshmen at schools that interest them
Tracking Important Activities
College applications themselves are only one piece of the puzzle students looking to embark on a post-secondary education. With Application Planner, students can track each of the other critical pieces of the process, ensuring they have taken all the necessary steps to secure funding or NCAA eligibility.
Application Planner gives students the tools they need to track other critical processes, including:
• CCS/Financial Aid PROFILE
Students can walk through the process of applying for FASFA using our guide to applying for federal financial aid, in the Explore Schools section of the program.
Additional Tools for Advisors
Advisors can help to manage students’ college and scholarship applications using a combination of existing features in the Career Advisor Management System and tools/reports available exclusively to Application Planner users.
• Customize the Personal College Profile to meet your schools needs and practices
• Add events to the school-wide College Planning Calendar and local scholarships that your students can apply for
• Send messages to remind students of important dates, deadlines, and events
• Access new reports on college and scholarship applications, majors of interest, campus visits, and more.
Schools and districts using Application Planner can upload students’ results from the ACT and SAT standardized tests and GPAs each year. Advisors can also update students’ scores at any time in the Career Advisor Management System.