The following documents may be helpful if you are looking for information in the following areas:Future Ready Core Graduation Checklists:
For Students who entered the 9th grade in the Fall of 2009 through the Spring of 2012 -Entered 9th Grade in 2012-13 & beyond
For Students who will enter the 9th grade in the Fall of 2012 and beyond - Entered 9th Grade before 2012-13Career and Technical Education to College Credit Document:
Some courses in CTE translate to credit at ICC-ICC and RCS CTE Articulation
University of North Carolina Requirements:
Admission requirements for institutions associated with the UNC system.
UNC Admission Information
NC High School Diploma Endorsements:
Students in North Carolina public schools and public charter schools may receive one or more endorsements on their high school diploma. These endorsements indicate that students have completed specific course concentrations preparing them to be ready for college or careers. The five endorsements are:
Advanced Courses in High School
- Career Endorsement indicating completion of a rigorous course of study that includes a Career Technical Education concentration;
- College Endorsement indicating readiness for entry into community colleges;
- College/UNC Endorsement indicating readiness for entry into a four-year university in the University of North Carolina system;
- NC Academic Scholars Endorsement indicating that students have completed a balanced and academically rigorous high school program preparing them for post-secondary education.
- Global Languages Endorsement indicating proficiency in one or more languages in addition to English.
An overview of the requirements and rigor involved in Honors and AP courses-High School Advanced Course Info
Online and Off-Campus Opportunities
Credit by Demonstrated Mastery
Students successfully completing the Credit by Demonstrated Mastery process earn course credit by demonstrating mastery of course material without satisfying traditional seat time requirement.